The Castle Medical Group
Viewing Your Medical Records Online
Patient Access has been used in the surgery now for some time and many patients are using it to book appointments and order repeat prescriptions through the internet.
We are now extending the facilities in 2014/15 to enable patients to view their own medical records online using Patient Access. This is called the Medical Record Viewer.
You will need to have a unique PIN and password which you can obtain through our website at www.castlemedical.co.uk or by asking at reception.
Patients are already able to do the following online:
- Book an appointment to see their doctor
- Order repeat medication
and from October 2014 all patients will be able to do the following:
- Notify us of a change of address
- View and Print any allergies
- View and Print a list of medications
- View and Print a list of immunisations
It is also our intention in 2015 to make it possible for patients to view other parts of their own medical records on line, including access to the following:
- Summary of the Medical Record
- Summary of Medical Problems
- Test Results
- Hospital Letters
- Promoting Patient Access – by 30 September 2014 the practice will promote Patient Access both in the waiting room and on the practice website
- Medical Records Viewer (limited access) – by 30 September all patients will be able to register for restricted access to their medical records (allergies, medications and immunisations)
- Access to test results (trial) – by 31 December 2014 we will identify a small group of patients who will be given access to their blood test results
- Access to the full medical (trial) – by 31 December 2014 we will identify a small group of patients who will be given access to their complete medical record
- Access to the full medical record – by 31 March 2015 we will invite all patients to request access to their complete medical record
Patients will be asked to sign a consent form before being able to use the Medical Record Viewer.
Patients will be unable to alter their medical records, but will be able to view and print them out from any internet connection. This will be secure and access is only available to you.
If you are interested in being able to access your medical records please register for Patient Access on our website at www.castlemedical.co.uk or speak to a member of the reception team.