East Lancashire Clinical Commissioning Group is consulting patients on proposals to improve access to GP Services, which are in line with government plans to extend services until 8.00 pm during weekdays and during the weekend. Patients are invited to complete an online survey, which may be accessed via the following link:-
The practice was inspected by the CQC on 21 January 2016 and we are delighted to confirm that we achieved an overall rating of “outstanding”. Please follow the attached link for the full report:-
This Practice plans to offer the facility for patients to view online, export, or print coded information held in their own records from 21sts March 2016.
These dates are subject to the necessary NHS GP systems and software being available to the Practice.
This Practice currently offers the facility for patients
- to book, view, amend, cancel, and print appointments online
- to order online, view, and print a list of their repeat prescriptions for drugs, medicines, or appliances
- to view online, export, or print summary information from their record, relating to medications, allergies, adverse reactions, and any other items agreed between the Practice and individual patient
We will publicise and promote our online services to our Practice’s patients through the Practice website, Practice waiting room leaflets, posters, and the Patient Participation Group by 31st March 2016.
All patients now have a named accountable GP who is responsible for patients overall care at the Practice. If you would like to know who your named GP is, please ask during your next consultation or at reception.
Please be aware that this does not mean you can only see your named GP. Having a named GP does not prevent you seeing any other doctor in the Practice. Your named GP will not be available at all times, and if your needs are urgent, you may need to discuss them with an alternative doctor.
When a patient expresses a preference as to which GP they have been allocated, the Practice will make reasonable efforts to accommodate this request.
New patients will be allocated and informed of their named GP when they register with the Practice.
How likely are you to recommend our GP Practice to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?
Extremely Likely 370
Extremely Unlikely 9
Neither Likely or Unlikely 2
Don’t Know 4
96% either Extremely Likely or Likely
If you wish to comment about the practice please complete the Friends and Family Test by either going to our website at www.castlemedical.co.uk or by completing a form at the reception.
Patients may also receive a text message after their visit to the practice.
Please click on Local Pharmacy Services – Patient Leaflet 2015 for further information
The practice is delighted to announce that we have recently received the Quality Practice Award from the Royal College of General Practitioners. This is a prestigious award which recognises the hard work of the whole practice team over recent months to develop and improve services to patients. The award assesses practices against a number of criteria, including: patient experience; management of illness; looking after special groups; how we learn as an organisation; and how we work as a team. We would like to thank all our staff for their hard work, and to assure our patients that we will continue to develop our services over the coming months
The Castle Medical Group
Viewing Your Medical Records Online
Patient Access has been used in the surgery now for some time and many patients are using it to book appointments and order repeat prescriptions through the internet.
We are now extending the facilities in 2014/15 to enable patients to view their own medical records online using Patient Access. This is called the Medical Record Viewer.
You will need to have a unique PIN and password which you can obtain through our website at www.castlemedical.co.uk or by asking at reception.
Patients are already able to do the following online:
- Book an appointment to see their doctor
- Order repeat medication
and from October 2014 all patients will be able to do the following:
- Notify us of a change of address
- View and Print any allergies
- View and Print a list of medications
- View and Print a list of immunisations
It is also our intention in 2015 to make it possible for patients to view other parts of their own medical records on line, including access to the following:
- Summary of the Medical Record
- Summary of Medical Problems
- Test Results
- Hospital Letters
- Promoting Patient Access – by 30 September 2014 the practice will promote Patient Access both in the waiting room and on the practice website
- Medical Records Viewer (limited access) – by 30 September all patients will be able to register for restricted access to their medical records (allergies, medications and immunisations)
- Access to test results (trial) – by 31 December 2014 we will identify a small group of patients who will be given access to their blood test results
- Access to the full medical (trial) – by 31 December 2014 we will identify a small group of patients who will be given access to their complete medical record
- Access to the full medical record – by 31 March 2015 we will invite all patients to request access to their complete medical record
Patients will be asked to sign a consent form before being able to use the Medical Record Viewer.
Patients will be unable to alter their medical records, but will be able to view and print them out from any internet connection. This will be secure and access is only available to you.
If you are interested in being able to access your medical records please register for Patient Access on our website at www.castlemedical.co.uk or speak to a member of the reception team.
Please note that in order to request your repeat prescriptions via our website, you will first need to register for EMIS Access. To do this, either follow the instructions on our home page to do so, or please come in and see one of our reception staff who will print off an ID and password for you. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Otherwise, please contact the Dispensary directly on 01200 413585.